Paratransit – Access Express
City Utilities Transit Services offers Access Express as an origin-to-destination transportation service for certified riders who are unable to use the regular fixed-route bus due to a disability or health condition. In order to utilize this service, riders must be pre-approved.
The cost for a one-way ride using the Access Express service is $2.50 per rider.
If determined conditionally eligible for Access Express and the applicant is able to ride both Access Express and fixed routes, they may request a picture ID from the Transit Office that will allow them to purchase fixed-route bus tickets at the Elderly and Disabled rate.
Access Express services are available during the same operating hours as regular route service.
Making a Reservation
- Call (417) 831-8711, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For after-hours reservations, leave a detailed message and contact information.
- Provide the following information:
- Applicant name
- Date of ride
- Pick-up address
- Destination address
- Appointment time or requested window of time
- Name of doctor or clinic—if making a MO HealthNet (Medicaid) reservation
- For MO HealthNet recipients who are eligible for transportation services, non-emergency medical trips are provided free of charge. Please inform the dispatcher when making your reservation.