Paratransit – Access Express
City Utilities Transit Services offers Access Express as an origin-to-destination transportation service for certified riders who are unable to use the regular fixed-route bus due to a disability or health condition. In order to utilize this service, riders must be pre-approved.
Please take a moment to review these upcoming operation changes. These changes will be effective on March 22, 2020 until April 4, 2020 (subject to change).
Access Express Operating Hours:
Same (*modified*) service hours as fixed route system
Fixed Route Operating Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- View the route & schedule changes.
Transit Center Hours (Monday – Friday): 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The cost for a one-way ride using the Access Express service is $2.50 per rider.
If determined conditionally eligible for Access Express and the applicant is able to ride both Access Express and fixed routes, they may request a picture ID from the Transit Office that will allow them to purchase fixed-route bus tickets at the Elderly and Disabled rate.
Making a Reservation
- Call (417) 831-8711, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For after-hours reservations, leave a detailed message and contact information.
- Provide the following information:
- Applicant name
- Date of ride
- Pick-up address
- Destination address
- Appointment time or requested window of time
- Name of doctor or clinic—if making a MO HealthNet (Medicaid) reservation
- For MO HealthNet recipients who are eligible for transportation services, non-emergency medical trips are provided free of charge. Please inform the dispatcher when making your reservation.